All material on this Site, including written material, pictures, graphics, music, videos, names and logos (‘Material’) and all intellectual property (including copyright) in the Material is owned and/or controlled by CEFA (unless specifically stated otherwise).
The name ‘CEFA’ and ‘YABA’ are owned by CEFA and may not be used without the prior written permission of CEFA.
Certain teachers at each school will be approved by CEFA to process student’s membership applications and play other roles in relation to this Site (‘Yaba Teachers’). You can contact CEFA to find Yaba Teachers. Each student who becomes a Yaba Member will be linked to a Yaba Teacher. A student’s Yaba Teacher may be changed or reassigned at any time or a student may be linked to a Yaba administrator (an employee of CEFA) in certain circumstances.
Anyone that is authorised by CEFA to use this Site is called a ‘Yaba Member’. Before you can use this Site, access the Material on this Site and submit User Materials to this Site, you must become a Yaba Member. To do this, you must:
- • complete the Yaba Membership Form;
- • if you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian sign the completed Yaba Membership Form or if you are 18 years of age or over, you must sign it yourself;
- • provide the signed completed Yaba Membership Form to your Yaba Teacher. Your Yaba Teacher will need to fax, scan and email, or post the completed Yaba Membership Form to CEFA. When your application has been processed, your Yaba Teacher will confirm whether your membership has been accepted and confirm your user name and password.< br/> You cannot use another person’s membership details, user name or password and must immediately notify us of unauthorised use of your membership details, user name or password.
- • you are the owner of the User Material (including any copyright in it) or have the irrevocable right and licence to use it in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity;
- • the User Material will not contravene any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including any law relating to copyright, passing-off, defamation, contempt of court, confidentiality or privacy).
- • is false or untrue, misleading or deceptive, threatening, harassing, bullying, abusive, offensive,discriminatory, sexually explicit, obscene, vexatious, hateful or discloses private or confidential information;
- • belongs to someone else or is copied from someone or somewhere else;
- • falsely states or misrepresents you are affiliated with a person or organisation;
- • violates any law or advocates any illegal activity;
- • advertises, endorses or promotes any goods or services;
- • solicits money or donations from any person;
- • contains a virus or corrupted data or uses any device, software or routine that interferes with or attempts to interfere with the proper functionality of this Site;
- • is mean-spirited or unkind; or
- • is about another person and harms that person’s reputation or makes people think less of him or her.
If people other than you appear in your User Material (‘Performers’) or contribute to or assist in making your User Material (‘Contributors’), you need to keep details of those Performers and Contributors and their roles and contributions. When you upload the User Materials to this Site you must provide the names and the roles of each Performer and Contributor to your User Material. If any Performers or Contributors are not registered users of this Site, you must obtain signed Yaba Release Forms which can be found here from each of them and submit them to CEFA at the same time as your User Material. You are solely responsible for ensuring all necessary Yaba Release Forms are signed and uploaded to Yaba and if you fail to do so, CEFA may take down your User Materials at any time.
If you participate as a Performer in, or Contributor to, any other Yaba Member’s User Material, then that Yaba Member does not need to obtain a Yaba Release Form from you. For all User Material created by other Yaba Members in which you take part as a Performer or Contributor (or both), you automatically grant to CEFA the same rights as you grant to CEFA above in your own User Materials.
This Site contains communication facilities which provide feedback by Yaba Members to CEFA, interaction between Yaba Members, interaction with Yaba Teachers, Yaba ambassadors and Yaba administrators and other forums to submit comments, opinions, messages, notices, information and other content to this Site (‘Communication Forum’). Any such materials which you submit to any Communication Forum are also referred to as ‘User Material'. User Material on this Site and in a Communication Forum does not necessarily reflect the views of CEFA, any Yaba Teacher or any other Yaba Member. CEFA is not responsible for any User Material on this Site or in any Communication Forum.
Either a Teacher, CEFA or another person appointed by CEFA from time to time (‘Moderator’) may moderate all Communication Forums and User Materials submitted to this Site before it is released onto the Site to be viewed by other users. The Moderator will have the right to decide, in his or her sole opinion, whether or not your User Material is appropriate for use on this Site and you will comply with any decision made by the Moderator.
You are solely responsible for all User Material submitted by you to this Site. If you submit User Material, then: You promise that:
You promise that you will not submit anything which:
If this Site contains any links to other websites, CEFA is not responsible for the content of the other websites or any links contained in those other websites. CEFA provides these links to you as a convenience only. If you access any other website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
If this Site contains any advertisements, those advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by CEFA and CEFA is not responsible for the products and/or services being advertised. You should refer to the relevant advertiser for all information regarding the advertiser and its products and/or services.
CEFA does not promise: that the functions contained in any Material or Communications Forum or your access to this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free; that any defects will be corrected; or that this Site or the servers which stores and transmits Materials and User Materials to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components.
CEFA does not make any promises or representations regarding your access to this Site or any Materials or User Material you obtain from this Site (including any related or linked websites) in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. Under no circumstances will CEFA be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from your use of this Site or any Material or User Material (or any inability to use them).
To the fullest extent permitted by law, CEFA excludes all guarantees and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. If any laws do not allow the exclusion or modification of certain guarantees and warranties they will not be excluded or modified.
The User Materials should be exempt from classification under the National Classification Code as it only applies to films, computer games and certain publications. CEFA may is its sole discretion refuse to post or remove any User Materials if CEFA is of the view that those User Materials are required to be classified under the National Classification Code or any other applicable codes of practice.
© Constitution Education Fund Australia Pty Ltd as The Trustee for The Constitution Education Fund ABN 76 750 439 829 2012 (except where otherwise indicated) (‘CEFA’). You may use, reproduce and communicate the ‘Materials’ for noncommercial educational purposes only and free of charge, provided that you acknowledge that the ‘Materials’ are owned by CEFA. In this copyright notice, ‘Materials’ do not include: (a) user generated content posted to or contributed to Yaba by any user; or (b) materials which this website indicates are owned by a third party and not by CEFA.